Sectors of Practice
JRB Mediations , established in 2015 by Judy R. Balombin provides in-depth conflict resolution services for family, civil, and employment issues both online and in person AS well as workplace investigations.
Judy Balombin is a highly skilled, valued practicing Qualified (certified) Mediator with extensive experience mediating complex, high conflict, and multi-party disputes.
Judy has conducted mediations for
- Alberta Provincial Courts Civil Mediation program for disputes ranging from contracts, partnership, real estate, construction issues and more.
- Alberta Energy Regulator, where she was a mediator for a number of years successfully mediating complex, highly technical oil and gas disputes between landowners and companies, and between companies.
- JRB mediations where she provides in-depth conflict resolution services for family, employment issues (communication, boundaries, change management, misconduct, power struggles, and more), as well as workplace investigations.
Judy draws upon her in-depth education and extensive professional experiences to understand the issues and perspectives, while ensuring parties feel heard, understood, and move towards resolution, agreement, and conclusion.
EXPERIENCE: Including her extensive years as a Mediator and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) professional, Judy has broad experience working with clients from various industries at all levels. She has negotiated major government and agricultural investment opportunities, developed provincial policies, lead economic development activities, and oversaw in-depth provincial marketing/communication projects. She also has experience as a licensed realtor, a college Instructor, banker, utility worker, landlord, and farmer.
With her professional experiences encompassing a broad range of environments and work cultures Judy understands how and why issues can develop, and how important it is to resolve issues promptly, so everyone can move forward, positively.
Judy’s natural calm demeanor and excellent communication skills help parties tell their stories, be heard and understood, discuss and explore issues and interests, and assists them with finding mutually agreed upon resolution(s).
Judy R Balombin (JRB Mediations) provides quick, affordable, and confidential dispute resolution and professional coaching services. To learn more about Judy visit: www.jrbmediations.com.
JRB Mediations: Effective. Efficient. Caring.
Disputes Happen. They get Resolved Here
ADR Training & Qualifications
Judy has several hundred hours of both alternative dispute resolution (ADR) training and solution -focused coaching training. She has trained in the areas of family mediation, high conflict and trauma informed mediation, workplace investigations, arbitration, conflict coaching, negotiations, emotions in conflict, forensic interviewing, and more. Judy continues to advance her skills to help her clients achieve resolution and agreement.
• Workplace Investigations, CHPR (on Line)
• Advanced Negotiation Techniques, Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA), Edmonton, AB
• Trauma Informed Dispute Resolution, ADR Institute of Alberta (ADRIA), Edmonton, AB
• Changes to the Divorce Act, LESA, Edmonton, AB
• High Conflict Mediation, (ADRIA), Edmonton, AB
• Mediating Family and Divorce Conflicts, Legal Education Society of Alberta
• Conflict Coaching, ADRIA, Edmonton, AB
• Domestic Violence Informed Practice Seminar, Edmonton, AB
• Managing Hostile Communication, Conflict Resolution
• Communication in ADR, ADRIA, Edmonton, AB
• National Introduction to Mediation, ADRIA, Edmonton, AB
• The Art of Reframing, Justice Institute of BC, New Westminster, BC
• Introduction to Mediation, NAIT, Edmonton, AB
• Mediation, Resolving Interpersonal Conflict, Alberta Arbitration & Mediation Society, Edmonton, AB
• Mediation , Arbitration, Negotiation, Conflict Communication, Forensic Interviewing, BCIT, Vancouver BC
Other Professional Qualifications
Bachelor of Commerce Degree, University of Alberta
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology/ Sociology) Degree, University of Alberta
Post Baccalaureate Diploma in Communications, Simon Fraser University
Economic Development Certificate, University of Waterloo
Alberta Real Estate license (2004) and member of the Alberta Real Estate Association and Edmonton Real Estate Board (2004).
Foundations of Real Estate Appraisal, University of British Columbia.
Certified Digital Marketing, DMI Institute (on line)