Condos, by their very nature, with large numbers of people living under the same roof, can be a recipe for conflict. There are laws that exist around condos, but condo boards are also able to create their own rules and regulations, making conflict not as simple as either following laws and rules or not. ADR can help to bring real concerns to the surface and address them from a collaborative perspective, saving time, money and relationships.
Sources of Conflict
- Violations of rules/regulations
- Issues revolving around common or shared areas
- Board decisions including where to spend money, regulations, fee raises etc.
Types of Applicable ADR
- Facilitation (for residents and boards)
Resources and Organizations
- Canadian Condominium Institute