Informal Conflict Management Services
Employee Assistance Services, Health Canada
Type of Position
The Employee Assistance Services (EAS) at Health Canada offers a variety of mental health and
workplace wellness services to the majority of federal government department employees and
their eligible family members.
EAS is currently looking to recruit service practitioners of various backgrounds and experiences.
We are currently prioritizing recruitment of individuals who identify with and/or have significant
experience with the BIPOC, 2SLGBTQI+ and other underrepresented communities to continue
to promote, improve, and support diversity and inclusion across the federal public service.
Under the umbrella of Alternative Dispute and Resolution Services (ADRS), the Informal
Conflict Management Services (ICMS) unit is looking to recruit Mediators, Conflict Coaches,
and individuals able to provide Facilitated Discussions.
Please note that contracted professionals who wish to work with ICMS must have the following
- Be a member “in good standing” of a professional association, regulatory body or
- Mediators must be a member “in good standing” with the Alternative Dispute
Resolution Institute of Canada (ADRIC);
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or more than 180 hours of acceptable training in
Informal Conflict Management;
- Have a minimum of 3 years within the past 5 years of experience providing informal
conflict management services;
- Have a minimum professional liability insurance coverage of $2,000,000 per claim;
- Undergo a reference verification; and,
- Hold a reliability security clearance with the Federal Government (if you do not have this
then EAS will initiate the clearance following the acceptance of your application).
If interested in one or more of the above-noted opportunities, please return your résumé via email
to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.