Alberta Health Services Independent Assessment Committee (IAC) Chairperson
Alberta Health Services and United Nurses of Alberta
Type of Position
February 23, 2024
Alberta Health Services (AHS) and the United Nurses of Alberta (UNA) have an opportunity for an Independent Assessment Committee (IAC) Chairperson.
This new opportunity will be of interest to those who are knowledgeable about healthcare delivery and familiar with current clinical nursing practice.
The ideal candidate must have recent experience in a nursing, which will allow them to meaningfully engage the parties relative to patient/resident/client care including staffing issues.
The role of the Chairperson is to:
· Assist the parties to resolve professional nursing responsibility concerns.
· Lead a three-member panel to hear representations from the union and the employer regarding professional nursing responsibility issues.
· Convene IAC meetings to investigate the issue(s) in a timely manner.
· Chair meetings and lead precedings in a professional and neutral manner.
· Render recommendations within 14 days of the meeting.
Other keys skills required are:
· Superior communication (written & oral), with the ability to meaningfully engage in discussions with a clinical nursing focus.
· Outstanding ability to gather, summarize and communicate information/data in order to make a fulsome recommendation.
· Problem-solving, analytical, and facilitation skills, as well as the ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Active listening skills with the capacity to navigate complex issues, sometimes with competing interests.
· Planning and leadership skills to chair productive meeting environment.
· Adept in the use of technology for purposes of conducting remote proceedings.
· Ability to analyze competing priorities and render sound decisions.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application by February 23 to:
Rick Mann, Senior Advisor, Labour Relations and Negotiations, Alberta Health Services
Office 7135, Southland Park IV, 10301 Southport Lane SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2W 1S7